I want to be transparent about this (and transparency is something most politicians try to avoid). Some politicians are more worthy of my dislike than others. It has nothing to do with party. It has to do with issues.
And it has to do with leadership. Politicians aren't leaders. They're politicians.
Here is what I don't like about many (and I would dare to say "most") politicians:
- They forget they are in a public service position and as such, have no right to dismiss any resident's complaints just because they don't appreciate what that resident has to say.
- They have their favorites, and if you aren't one of them, you are out of luck.
- They get elected for the sole purpose of getting elected again and moving up the political food chain.
- They promote their own agendas.
- They honestly act as if and/or believe they are above the law, the Constitution, ethics and other things "we the people" generally appreciate (unless you are in the politicians' pocket, in which case, you won't adhere to any of the above either).
- They are nice to anyone who gives them campaign or other money.
- Did I mention they think they can treat people horribly and get away with it?
- Most of them are crooks and/or hire crooks.
- Most of them are hypocrites and/or liars.
- They pass the buck whenever they don't want to take responsibility or if they don't fee like bothering with you.
But take my word for it--more people feel the way I do than politicians would like to acknowledge.
And after all, why should they acknowledge it? They have enough power, money and ego to keep acting the way they do because they are....politicians.